Thursday 19 November 2009

Hillbilly Gloves for Mountain Boarding

Well, mine are two years old now and whilst are a bit tatty round the edges, are till holding together nicely




Hillbilly gloves are available from ATBSports in either 'Half Ass' or 'Heavy Doody' versions, featuring either fingerless/single splint or full glove/twin splint depending on choice.  It should be noted that the splints are removable so it is possible to have a full glove/single splint version should you wish.  Both sets are made by Hillbilly designed specially for mountainboarding so have heavy duty Goat Skin Leather and have reinforced finger protection.

I personally ride with the Heavy Doody version as shown in the photo above with the understanding (I'm not a doctor, please don't sue me) that the second splint ensures that in a really bad accident, then the arm will break rather than the wrist: i.e. simple break v complicated break.  Though having not broken my arm, I really cannot back this information up, but either way, wrist protection is of course far more preferable than no protection.  The very bare minimum I'll ride in is helmet and gloves (and underpants of course).

From the picture above you can see the leather starting to go around the palm of the hand in the area holding the lower splint, and once that goes, new gloves will be inevitable.  All I can say is that when this does eventually happens, I will be buying once again from Hillbilly.

4 comments:

smilie said...

If you like the look of these and want to get your self a set. Little bird told us there looks like there might be a bit shortage next year. As they have just lost their UK distributor :-(

Still the chances are there will still be some stoke floating about.

AdeMcC said...

Blimey, that's worth knowing - at least now I know what to ask the wife for xmas! Cheers!

CHEB said...

A post from the future. Yeah, they are effing hard to find right now!

Unknown said...

Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”. Mountainboard