Friday 6 November 2009

Alpine Brake Systems

Exciting news as I've finally got round to placing an order with Alpine Brake Systems.

The intention is to to fit it to the noSno (which I fully intend to write about soon) which should be a doddle given the circular axles and existing 10 inch Primo composite hubs. My main concern has always been not for my own safety, but that of others, particularly on some of the tighter local tracks. Plus it would be nice to have the option of monster off-road which doesn't happen very often, but is possible here and certainly abroad, though it doesn't always go to plan.

Research into this kind of thing showed two other braking systems on the market made by MBS (generally regarded as a slow-down-device rather than a brake, but cheap) and the hi-tech, very expensive, and highly (if not too efficient) disk brakes made by noSno.

I hope to be able to write a positive review soon.

Who knows, maybe one day people will send me stuff to review! ; D

No comments: