Monday 15 February 2010

9 inch tyres - choices and availability???

Been keeping an eye out for a while for some freeriding 9 inch tyres, to slot nicely in-between the 8 inch (not running great in my local soggy woods) and the 10 inch (bloody heavy but fast) diamond tread fat tyres.

Was hoping for a set of Primo Strikers (£39 with tubes) with Primo Composite hubs(£30), but talking to ATBSports earlier revealed these to be indefinitely 'out of stock' with Primo 'not really doing these any more'.

Alternatives seem to be MBS T2 (£49 without tubes, £71 with tubes) or a tyre produced by scrub (£32 with tubes).

Assuming that I'll need inner tubes and hubs (these tyres won't fit my old Rockstars apparently) do I go for the Scrub or the MBS? Hold out for some Primos from somewhere, or is there an alternative?

Please feel free to post below and let me know!

8 comments:

smilie said...

That's a shame primo have stopped doing their 9's. It might be worth asking noSno, you never know what they are going to have stashed in the cupboard ;-)

smilie said...

Also what are the scrub ones like?

AdeMcC said...

Cheers Smilie, yeah, Jockass Dave suggested I contact noSno - I've left DT a message.

As per the Scrub tyres, I've no idea - ATBSports have some in stock but don't have a picture on the website. Plus I don't know any freeriders that have ridden the scrubs to ask!

Fingers crossed noSno have some tucked away round the back!

AdeMcC said...

Plus, the fella at ATBSports commented that 'no-one really rides 9 inch tyres these days'!

smilie said...

JC does but he different to the rest of us and thinking about Roger's got a couple of setup's with 9"s

I've got a set in the shed which I keep thinking one day I will need to swap to these when it gets to muddy or I'm riding threw lot's leaf litter. But it never seams to get quite bad enough to worth making the change. Plus I learned to olly over most things which look like they will slow us down to much.

AdeMcC said...

Sorted - noSno have a load in stock, Dave left me a message earlier.

smilie said...

there you noSno the answer to all your boarding needs :-)

AdeMcC said...

Forgot to mention, not only are my local woods a bit soggy at the moment, they're also not very steep so I'm looking forward to giving these a go. Got a set on order, hope to have tried them out by the weekend.