Thursday 14 January 2010

Operation 'Obtain a Snowboard' project!

Just a cheeky request:

Wanted: Snowboard (Adult)
Does anyone in the Derby/Midlands region have a snowboard in their shed or garage that has sat unused through the last cold period or has been replaced with a new one? I am looking out for a second hand board that I could use if/when we get more snow. Condition not important as long as its ride-able but probably needs to be at least 158cm due to me being tall and heavy.

Any offers considered, alternatively if you know of any good deals or anyone that might be getting rid of a board, please let me know.


Cheers, Ade!

ps: just to clarify, I only ride snowboard around four times a year, usually at Tamworth Snowdome and hire their kit.  Its unlikely I'll get to go abroad anytime soon with the new baby and I'm only going to get to use a board on the local hills if or when it snows.  Splashing out on new kit is therefore probably a waste of time so not looking at spending much, plus, any decent board will soon get scratched up by the inevitable patchy snow or lovely hidden rocks.  Ahh, thank god for mountain boarding for the other 50 weeks of the year!  On the subject of spending, need to pull my finger out and get sorted those 9 inchers......

1 comment:

Admin said...

hey Ade, i have three old snowboards that'll probably never get used; one is a vintage '80's museum/novelty piece, my trusty old rad air is terminally effed but can't chuck it (one day i'm gonna make it into a bench), and my old Burton powder beast which i could let you have for a song! It's a 165, no bindings, and i'm not in the midlands but drop me an email if yr interested! (maybe we could meet for a wheelie board halfway between us in the next few weeks?)
nice one dude :) Dan