Wednesday 13 April 2011

Allestree Park - Not a Write Up!!!!

Not a write-up, because I'm sure others are doing a similar thing, plus I'd be biassed, plus I disappeared at 5pm so can't report on the shenanigans taking place later on.  Plus I forgot to take any actual photos, so not in the best position to do the day justice really!

But really good session, even despite me breaking my face, then my brake during the warm-up riding; Scott breaking his top-hanger on the tree-stump jump, Andy doing exactly the same, only an hour after telling me how he'd never broken a single item of kit ever, and then Simon getting a stick in the forehead, despite wearing a full face!

We tackled a lot that Allestree had to offer as well as kick back and have a really good catch-up with a few old faces.  It was great just to see people tackling stuff for the first time that I was so familiar with.  With the good weather on top of things, you couldn't ask for more.  Some sick riding all through with everyone giving it all - all very impressive!

So, a big thanks then really to everyone that turned up, listed below in the order I met them!

Organisers Mark and Jenna,
Chris and Fillipo, all the way from Preston and Peterborough,
Scott, representing the 'Dirt Doesn't Melt' blog.
Simon and Lisa all the way from Plymouth representing PUATB,
Dan, Roger, Smilie in the Remolition fun bus
Surfing Dirt mod Jasper and mate Jay,
Good mate and soon to be married, Phill,
Andy all the way from Newcastle.
And local lad Jeff (Geoff?) who came with his Scrub Quasar to see what we were all up to.

Apologies if I forgot anyone but there were just so many!  Further media has been promised by various news outlets so I'll link them to here soon.

Cheers all, hope to see you on the slopes again soon!x

Edit: Media

http://dirtdoesntmelt.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/videos-from-the-weekend/

http://www.puatb.pixeldistort.co.uk/

http://www.remolition.com/features/field-reports/303-allestree-april-11-photo-diary.html

No comments: