Tuesday 31 August 2010

Fustrating Couple of Weeks

The above photograph pretty much sums up my attempts at recent trails hunting - nice track approximatley 5 foot wide, reasonable gradient, no ramblers or dog walkers, good length, but unrideable in full due to the frequent use of a locked gate or style.

Seems to be the way for footpaths, but not so bad for bridleways (got to get the horse through!) or single track routes which more than often seem to deliver the goods a bit more. I suppose that discouraging anything that might be considered fun is a particularly good way to keep people off your land.

Big disappointment this weekend that I was unable to attend the ATBA-UK Round 4 Final due to a stinking cold; the initial reports seem to suggest that it was a good'un with great weather for the BX at the very least.  As usual, I'll put up a separate post to link to the various articles and videos that should crop up over the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

smilie said...

I blame those kids on pit bikes.

Maybe some blot croppers?

mutley said...

I hate gates, and fences. I think we should petition somebody. It's like there caging our freedom in a metaphorical yet altogether physical type of fashion. boo to the man.