Monday 10 May 2010

Sore Ankles :(

Been waking up for the last 6 months with the occasional sore ankle that goes away after a while but is definitely worse after I have been boarding. Although I mountain board with high ankle hiking boots on, certainly most other things I do are in trainers and perhaps a little support generally is in order..??

I've splashed out on a pair of 661 Ankle Race Brace Pro 2009 ankle supports (£12.00 each from Chain Reaction Cycles, next day delivery, zero p&p), which arrived in the post this morning.
 
First impressions seem good and I'm wearing them now in the office, underneath my trainers.  They take a bit of time to put on, as you have to tie all the way up, though this does lead to a really good fit.  Then, two straps go around, under and back around before Velcro-ing to each side of the ankle.  A third strap then goes round the ankle holding everything in place and tucking bits out of the way.

I ordered a size 'Large' as with my size 10.5UK feet I appear to be on the bottom end of the Large foot scale.  Seems to fit okay with a bit of leeway had I had smaller feet, and loads of leeway had I of had larger feet.

What I really need to do now is ride and feedback my feedback.  I'm hoping that they stay comfortable for a good three hours or so riding.  More information to follow then....

Edit: Took these riding this afternoon -

Did they fit under my boots? Yes
Did I know they were there? Yes
Did my ankles hurt?  So far... No

Though I couldn't ride for toffee at one point, and I certainly can't blame the ankles for that.

No comments: