Tuesday 7 August 2012

ATC Mini Action Cam: Pole Mount Footage

Just a short couple of films showcasing the ATC Mini Action Cam pole mounted.  Both videos are shot around 8pm in late July/early August so the natural light levels are relatively low.  Despite this, and the usual shaking that occurs when boarding, the footage is remarkably good on its default setting.  The microphone picks up a lot of wind noise which seems to be the norm for this sort of thing, but certainly adds atmospherics to the video. I suppose I could always add some music if it was really an issue.

As usual, there have been plenty of crashes and its very easy to knock the camera on the ground or whack into the occasional tree as we ride through the woods.  Despite this, the camera, though a little mucky, is running 100% fine and continued to film without issue.

However, as much as I enjoy the pole cam shots, a lot of the time I want to keep my hands free in order to concentrate on the ride itself, so I have invested in a helmet mount.  Unfortunately, this will involve dismantling the pole mount but this is not a massive job, just not one I'd do out in the field.

As with all these things, there will be a bit of compression when the videos are uploaded to YouTube.  By all means, if you want some raw footage to view, just give me a shout!



3 comments:

the 6th degree said...

Getting nice vids from the camera.

Out of interest - which run is the Allestree one? We were there on Saturday and I cant remember there being one that long...

AdeMcC said...

Chris, the Allestree run is probably about double that in length shown when you start from the very top (we had to shuffle down a bit to avoid a slow dog walker) and ride to the very bottom (avoiding the nettle patch which needs mowing). I don't think we went there last time we were all there but if you sit on the bench at the top, walk back 50 metres, walk left 50 metres, then you are very close to the top of this run.

the 6th degree said...

Ahhh - ok. I'll have to give it a go next time I can get down there.

We did have fun on Saturday jumping off some of the tee's(there's one with a nice roll-in on the left side of the course and 1 or 2 foot drop off the tee).