Tuesday 19 June 2012

It's back to the writing....

It's back to the writing unfortunately since late last night when I had my car broken into resulting in a few bits and pieces nicked, including my beloved Contour HD cam D:

Not only this, but also my SatNav.  May it break down on them as frequently as it used to do so for me, and may it cause them to lose themselves every time they visit East Leeds.  May they agonise when it resets everytime they cut the ignition.  This is what you get when steeling a 3 year old, repeatedly repaired SatNav.

Not only this, but also my generic mp3 player.  May they be sorely disappointed in the lack of banging garage and electro beats and instead endure my large selection of podcasts, mashups and Mr Scruff sessions.  Good job I archive everything.

They did however leave my collection of CDs which obviously means that they have a poor taste in music, and my work notes, of which without them, I'd be way up the creek - my memory is terrible.

Most of these bits and pieces I can do without.  My camera however was fantastic for documenting the odd session or two and it will be sorely missed, especially as all of my spare funds right now are going in the composite axle pot.  Even more so, I was jammy enough to get mine at the especially low price that I did, so replacing is unlikely in the immediate future.  Shame really as I was looking forward to getting some footage of 'Dave'.

So it's back to the writing.  Not the worst thing ever, but with a picture equating a thousand words, a video worked wonders for taking the effort out of things sometimes.  Take it or leave it, you'll just have to use your imagination once again....

2 comments:

the 6th degree said...

Unlucky man - at least your boards weren't in the car.

AdeMcC said...

Agreed - it could have been far worse.