Wednesday 9 November 2011

Hillbilly Repairs

One benefit of being home with small baby (and a not so small toddler) is the opportunity to get stuff sorted.  In this instance, general repairs to my Hillbillies.  This certainly isn't a moan about Hillbilly - these gloves are around 18 months old and have regular weekly use with plenty of ground contact.  With 90% of the glove in good condition, it makes sense to repair where possible, particularly as cash isn't flush right now.

Being made of leather, Hillbilly are very easy to restitch, in this first case along where the strapping was coming loose.  Good, strong, tough string should keep this in place for a while but I've no idea what string I've used here - it's some my Dad got for me for repairing my shorts a while back.


On the other glove, a section of leather, again sourced through Dad has been used to provided thumb protection.  In this case the leather has been cut to size and then glued into place.  Araldite seems to do the job nicely.


Not a bad evenings work and makes a nice change from stinky bearings.

No comments: