Wednesday 24 August 2011

Weekend Kit List

My list-of-things-not-to-forget-to-bring-with-me-on-a-mountainboard-weekend is getting a bit tatty now so lets make an online version!  It's been comprehensive enough for this years events and may explain why the boot of my car is a bit of a mess most of the time.

Equipment

Board(s).  One to lend out if needs be or use if other broke.
Pump.  Tyres up a bit, down a bit, up a bit....
Allen keys and wrenches.  Lots of adjustables.
8"/9" tyres.  Can swap for variable terrain, weather, or in event of puncture.


Protection

Helmet.  Protect your noggin.
Spine protector.  If someones likely to run into me (unlikely if I'm at the back)
Elbow pads.
Knee pads.
Bum pads.  Gotta protect that coccyx!
Ankle support.  Ankles hurt if I ride for more than a few hours without them.
Hoodie/T-shirt .  Depending on weather.
Shorts/Trousers.  Depending on weather.
Boots+Socks.  I like my high ankled boots to ride in.
Wrist guards.  Good old Hillbilly.

Food

Beans/Rice Pudding.
Can opener.
Spoon.
Water.
Relentless.  Nice balanced diet for a weekends boarding.

Other

Fuel.
Spare contact lenses
Money
Tent/Pegs.
Sleeping bag/ground mat.
Head torch.

Can't think of anything else right now but at least I'm okay if I loose my paper list.

No comments: