Friday 11 March 2011

Sticky bindings? Check the ladder strap...


Top tip from Mark Sewell regarding sticky bindings.  I thought that my sticky Rage toe binding (rear foot) was due to wear and tear on the ratchet.  To remove my foot from the bindings involved removing my glove to manually lift the ratchet in order to allow it to disengage.  Mark pointed me in the direction of my ladder strap which had misshapen as seen below:

The advice was to file down these divots and all should be well.  In the absence of a file, I carefully chopped them off using a Stanley knife (too much off and I guess the bindings could slip in future).

Result: one fully working toe-binding that stays in place during riding and disengages at the bottom - woohoo!

So...check your ladder straps for wear and tear, it could save you some bother on the slopes.

No comments: