Tuesday 27 July 2010

Past, Present, Future 27th July 2010

Completely forgot to mention last weekends 'Cream Teas and Jam', the fun-tastic comp run by the BFC lads.  Rather than being a formal affair, riders session different different sections of the centre, (in this instance Bugsboarding) before selecting their top 5 riders.  See how it all went down straight from the Yum Yum BFC pages with a video from Tom Sharp here.

Edit: Official BFC video now online!

Cream Teas and Jam 2010 Round 2 from Rhys Crilley on Vimeo.

(Wonder how long we'll refer to them as videos since the medium is fast disappearing?  Will I ever get opportunity to watch those dusty Jackie Chan videos ever again?)....

Meanwhile, get pumped for this weekends ATBA Round 3 competition down at Haredown Mountain Board Centre. Weather may not be looking all that good, but that doesn't usually stop the die-hards.  Usual format means that it's assumed that the BoarderX will be on Saturday 31st July and Freestyle on Sunday 1st August.  I'll not be there myself due to other commitments (and because its a long way), but am holding out for Round 4 towards the end of August, details as always listed on the ATBA-UK website.

Closer to home, my mate Phill's progressing well on his brakeless Comp 26X.  After adjusting the trucks appropriately it seems to carve nicely and bar the deck starting to become a little floppy, has good quality components throughout.  Is weird to ride due to lack of heel straps, but then that's just me.  We had a nice little session Wednesday night which was going fine till I got a puncture right through my Primo Strikers.  Typical that I spend the week before riding through thorn bushes and all sorts, and then get a puncture on a golf course.  On the advice of Mutley on the Surfing Dirt Forums (instructions here), I've Slime'd my tyres.  Not had opportunity to ride them yet, but I can feel a report coming up soon....

No comments: